Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Weather Forecast Today.

I go walking in the Peak District most weeks, usually on a Sunday. Although the weather has been fine here in Doncaster so far today the weather forecast is predicting heavy, thundery showers from lunchtime onwards. I've been listening to the cricket commentary live from Headingley, Leeds and they've already had a thunderstorm there.

I've found a site where I can view a selection of live webcams from various locations in and around the Peak District and can keep an eye on the weather conditions.

http://www.derbyshireheritage.co.uk/Menu/webcams/camlist.php

I don't mind walking in the rain; it spoils the views and limits what I'm able to photograph though, however being caught out on the moors in a thunderstorm can be potentially dangerous...so I'm having a day spent at home listening to the cricket and watching the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment